PLDT Inc. (PLDT) is a telecommunications company in the Philippines which delivers data and multi-media services through its three operating segments which are:1
- Wireless – wireless telecommunications services majority provided by Smart.
- Fixed Line – fixed line telecommunications services primarily provided by PLDT.
- Investment companies
PLDT’s 2017 net revenues stands at P143.5 billion, lower by P4.1 billion compared with 2016 revenue:
- Highest contributor of revenue by product type is data, broadband and digital platforms with P67.0 billion or 47% of 2017 revenue.2
- Cash dividends declared during 2017:3
- Capital expenditures for 2018 is estimated at P58 billion to support the growth of data/broadband through:4
- Backhaul/transmission for mobile data
- Customer-premises equipment spending for fiber take-up
- Upgrade of PLDT’s network- and customer-facing platforms through multi-year agreements signed with Huawei (US$28.5 million) and Amdocs (US$300 milion)
- On May 2016, PLDT, acquired from San Miguel Corporation (SMC), a 50% equity interest of Vega Telecom Inc. (VTI), Bow Arken and Brightshare for P52.8 billion, with Globe Telecom, Inc. acquiring the other 50% interest.5
- PLDT and Globe contractually agreed sharing of control on VTI, Bow Arken and Brightshare, and their respective subsidiaries, as a joint venture with both parties having 50% right on their net assets.6
For complete information about PLDT, visit: COMPANY PROFILE: PLDT, INC.
1 PLDT, Inc. 2017 Unaudited Financial Statements, Notes to Financial Statements, Note 4, p.F-51, https://goo.gl/ZifUtA
2 PLDT, Inc. 2017 Full Year Results, p.8, https://goo.gl/TEVaZx
3 PLDT, Inc. 2017 Unaudited Financial Statements, p.F-98, https://goo.gl/ZifUtA
4 PLDT, Inc. 2017 Full Year Results, p.13, https://goo.gl/TEVaZx
5 TEL SEC 17-A, December 31, 2016, Business and General Information, p.5, https://goo.gl/ftRaib
6 PLDT, Inc. 2017 Unaudited Financial Statements, Notes to Financial Statements, Note 3, p.F-45, https://goo.gl/ZifUtA